We're glad to have you on board as speaker for the forthcoming PyCon JP conference:
We'd like to give you some information upfront:
- Speaker Updates #1 (2016-07-26)
- Speaker Updates #2 (2016-08-23)
- Speaker Updates #3 (2016-09-15)
- Frequently Asked Question
- Can I use my computer for presentation?
- Suddenly my computer is broken, Help me!
- Can I test the connection my laptop to a projector before my presentation?
- When can I test the connection my laptop to a projector?
- What type of adapter do you have?
- What is the resolution size of your projector?
- Can I connect my laptop to your audio equipment?
- Can I use network?
- Could you let us know the list of port number?
- When can I disclose my presentation slide?
- Do I need keep my presentation time?
- Is there any chat room?
- Can I cancel to record or live streaming my presentation?
Speaker Updates #1 (2016-07-26)
1. Schedule / When Exactly is my Talk
Please note that the schedule at the current state may change at any time and without notice. We'll inform everybody if the schedule for their submission is changed only after Aug 20th.
|||talk page: https://pycon.jp/2016/en/dashboard/ > Your Presentations > Select talk link.|
2. Not Sure You Can Make It?
We have received far more submission than we have splots available. In case you're not sure if you will make it to the conference please do let us know so we can prepare speakers currently being in the waiting list.
3 . PyCon JP Party
The dinner is the Cafeteria in the same location on Wednesday evening. You doesn't need an extra ticket for this event, it's included in the conference ticket. We will serve foods, soft drinks, wine, beer and cocktails.
4. Poster Session
Application of the poster session is still opened (Closed at July 30th). Current proposals are here: https://pycon.jp/2016/ja/proposals/vote_list/?category=poster
If you have the idea that you want to share, why not consider joining in poster? The deadline is 7/30(Sat). We are looking forward to your proposal! Please take a look how to apply: https://pycon.jp/2016/en/talks/cfp/
Speaker Updates #2 (2016-08-23)
5. [Important] Do you have a ticket?
Please set your Ticket Number into ADMISSION field in your Speaker Profile until around the end of Aug. If you have a sponsor ticket, please set the sponsor name instead.
All conference attendees including speakers pays for PyCon JP registration. If you do not have a participation ticket, you can not participate in the conference. In that case, please let us know your talk URL and the ticket type you want to buy to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. Ticket types are available on PyCon JP 2016 registration page.
6. Well Done Party
We will invite speakers, sponsors and staffs to the Well Done Party that will be held after Sep 22 (Thu). Once we fix the details, we will inform you the detailed information.
8. We are looking for Leaders of Sprint
Development Sprints will be held on 9/23(Fri) and 9/24(Sat). Sprints will be held on:
- Sep 23 (Fri): 13:00 - 18:00
- Sep 24 (Sat): 10:30 - 18:00
Participation fee of sprint is free. We are also looking for Leaders of Sprints.
9. One more month to go
Are you ready to have a talk/poster session? Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any concern.
Speaker Updates #3 (2016-09-15)
10. [Important] Slack chat room for speakers
Slack chat rooms are available to exchange information each other speakers and staffs. Also, staff will notify important announcements in the room. Please join the chat from the following URL.
And please enter to the room for speakers.
- #speakers2016-en in English
- #speakers2016-ja in Japanese
11. Reception desk
Reception desk will be opened at 9 AM.
In the 21st morning, we will have reception desk in the first floor of venue. After that, reception desk will be moved in the second floor of venue. Please bring your connpass ticket to confirm your registration by TICKET NUMBER and YOUR NAME. For more information, please refer to Participants Information.
12. Lunch and drinks available
We will provide lunch and drinks in 2 conference days. First day’s lunch is Bento box and drinks, Second day is buffet style.
Lunch is served at cafeteria in the first floor. Please receive until 2 PM. Halal and vegetarian meals are also available. If you wish, please request to lunch staff.
13. Well Done Party
We will invite every speakers to a Well Done Part at night of the conference day 2! You can have conversation with speakers, staffs and a sponsor about PyCon, python and your favorite technologies. Please participate by all means.
- Eligibility for participation: Speakers (keynote, invited, talk, poster, beginner session), sponsors, staffs and other invited people.
- Location: Cafe Cotton Club Takdanobaba / 169-0075 Tokyo-to, Shinjuku-ku, Takadanobaba, 1 Chome−17-14 陽栄ビル(Yo-U-Ei building)1F (Google Map)
- Direction: https://goo.gl/maps/wNQB5pe5rhK2
- Date/Time: Sep 22 (Thu) Open 18:30, Start 19:00, till 21:30.
14. Last 1 week to go!
Are your preparations of an presentation finished?
Please try to practice talk with your colleagues and friends. Recording your presentation talk by your smart phone is good idea. Talking rehearsal will notice many things.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I use my computer for presentation?
- We don’t have spare computer. Please bring your one.
Suddenly my computer is broken, Help me!
- Sorry, we don’t have spare computer.
- In such case, please ask someone to borrow a computer.
- Copying your slide into thumb-drive and online location is strongly recommended.
Can I test the connection my laptop to a projector before my presentation?
- Before any presentation we have break time and you can check the connection.
- Please ask our staff to help in each presentation room.
When can I test the connection my laptop to a projector?
- You can test the connection during conference days 21th and 22th September.
- You can test it during any break time including lunch break.
What type of adapter do you have?
- VGA(D-SUB) .
- For Mac we have adapter from Mini Display Port to VGA (D-SUB) .
What is the resolution size of your projector?
- Our projector resolution size is 800x600 or 1024x768.
- Please take care to show your presentation for audience.
Can I connect my laptop to your audio equipment?
- Room 201 / 202: No. We have some distance between a platform.
- Room 203 / 204 / 205: Yes. We do not have much distance between a platform and an audio equipment.
- Please use a microphone on a platform if you can not use an audio equipment.
Can I use network?
- Everybody can use same internet connection that provided by venue.
Could you let us know the list of port number?
- You can use TCP/IP. Other protocol maybe not.
- Here are numbers: 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 80, 110, 143, 443, 465, 587, 993, 995
When can I disclose my presentation slide?
- Anytime. You can disclose your presentation before your talk session.
Do I need keep my presentation time?
- Yes. You should be punctual.
- The presentation time is 45 (or 30) minutes including Q&A.
Is there any chat room?
- Slack chat rooms are available http://pyconjp-fellow.herokuapp.com/
- please enter to the room for speakers.
- #speakers2016-en in English
- #speakers2016-ja in Japanese
Can I cancel to record or live streaming my presentation?
- Please let us know before your presentation day.
In case you need further assistance, please contact email@example.com